Friday, March 25, 2011

Yeah, it's still winter here... Arizona's Lookin' Good!

Unfortunately after returning from beautiful, sunny Arizona to find Rochester melted, we were very wrong in assuming the grass would remain uncovered. We are now painfully reminded of how winters here can last into April and how you are just ready to crawl under a rock and stay there until the sun shines again. Our hope is that, at least three weeks from now, we will be officially done with more than one day of snow at a time for the rest of spring and summer! Our fantasy is that this will be the end of it until December!

In other news, I am working on the NYNYNY blog and have it about halfway finished. It has a LOT of details, so I want to make sure it get it straight. I'm also going to bring the storytelling up to the present. The next two weeks of school are going to be totally insane in the membrane - literally - so it probably won't all come together until after that.

But in the meantime, I wanted to share this picture of the Flatiron peak of the Superstition Mountains courtesty of mikeolbinski.com. He has taken some beautiful pictures of the place. Anyway, this the first mountain we've climbed this year, and it definitely counts! ;) We had a lot of fun, and I certainly learned a lot about myself on the trip up and down that Siphon Draw Trail. It was so wonderful to get some much-needed sunshine on our bones. We really liked Scottsdale! It's definitely on the list of possble future places to build our homestead. We'll write more later about that, too!



Hope every one of you is doing well.
Much love from cold NY.

No comments: