This fall was VERY busy trying to combine school with our already crazy life.
One of my good friends, Tammi, got married. I’m so happy for her! My other good friend Emmy and I were in the wedding. And NOW Tammi’s gonna have a baby! We are so excited!
Spence had his last Pit shift EVER. He finished his Pit rotations last year, but he had to do a few more single shifts as a third year. NO LONGER! The only time he’ll see the Pit again is as a chief (which might be just as daunting, but at least he’ll be closer to the end!). When this pic was taken, he had 6 hours left.
We went back to the same Christmas tree farm to get our tree this year. I wanted a smaller tree than years previous since we weren’t going to be here for Christmas. We think it was a blue spruce. As usual, the boys were trying to help.
I got to see my family before Christmas and then spent the actual Day in Arizona with Spence’s family. We also got to take a little tour of some places in Arizona I’d never seen before. It was great to see the sunshine!
We returned to New York for New Years. Our awesome friends Chad and Stacie met us in the City for the holiday. We were TOTALLY NUTS for trying to cross “Be in Times Square and Watch the Ball Drop on New Years” off my list, but we didn’t know it until it was too late!
I will write a special Smog about our New York City New Years Adventure!
I was so happy to have my good friend Sarah Mitschke come all the way to Rochester to see me! We went skiing, ate brownies, toured Ra-cha-cha, laughed, danced, and just plain enjoyed ourselves. Thanks, Sarah! You brightened up our dark winter! =) We love you!
This year’s Meg’Smog design is a tribute to our 5 year anniversary desire to climb a mountain. With my previous knee issues, before this would have been quite the challenge. But now we are both healthy and ready for adventure! I’m not sure it will happen this year, but we are going to try to find a good one as soon as we can get all of the details in order and plan to summit like pros! Don’t expect Everest. I don’t want to risk my life! Just something big enough to feel like we really accomplished something! Sometimes it feels as though just getting through everyday life is like climbing a mountain. But we chose this pain intentionally (albeit perhaps naïvely – no, we’ll say with great young confidence! ;), so we shall endure it with smiles on our faces. =)
Happy New Year everyone! We’re already almost two months in! Crazy!


No comments:
Post a Comment