The month of February has pretty much happened. Crazy! I can't believe we are already 1/6 of the way through this New Year, which ALSO crept up on me. Time just flies, and it's true as many have told me - the older you get, the faster it goes!
So we are attempting to completely absorb each day, although some days you just want to get through! I know I've had a few of those at work. Oddly, those seem to be the days I learn the most new knowledge. At the end of those exhausting shifts, I try to reflect on the positives and feel grateful for the opportunity to care for a person (and their family) in such a scary stage of their life. It's more often the families that need the emotional support. They are going through it, too.
We decided to visit a Chinese restaurant here that everyone loves, and it just so happened that they were having Chinese New Year celebrations every night that week. We got a full show of entertainment during dinner and found a new yummy place and eat and it's not expensive. Score!
We had Valentine's Day, which turned into Valentine's Week, since we didn't have a full day off together to celebrate. The little mini-celebrations throughout the week were fun, though! I felt like I worked a lot this month, but I don't think I worked any more than usual. Maybe the patients I've had lately have just been very sick... which makes for very busy days. I've been able to go to my Bible study here which has really wonderful girls/women I get to fellowship with weekly. I've learned so much from them, even just in the last two weeks. We started a new book by Beth Moore that I'm excited about! In the first week, I've already gleaned a ton. There is so much to learn from those who have lived longer than you and those who have lived a different life than your own.
Also this month, it was decided that I need to have surgery on both my knees. So we'll get that taken care of in the next few months. My hope and prayer is that they will both go well and have the best outcomes possible! I'm excited about how much better they will feel!
Spence thinks that I'll be able to play soccer this summer, but we'll see. I just don't want to do anything stupid. But I LOVE playing with my soccer girls in the sunshine!
I tried out some new recipies. Some were delicious like the Pecan Crusted Seitan. (Seitan is one of my new favorite things. It is a perfect meat substitute!) This is the actual picture for the recipe. Yum!
Some were terrible like the Sweet and Sour Apio (that I made from celery root/celeriac).
But at least we are trying new things! I love my new Ninja and rice cooker.
Both have made life soo much easier and more delicious! I also went back to homemade oatmeal in the Crock-Pot, which is so healthy and satisfying for breakfast. I can make enough for two weeks at a time. It's so easy to just cut out (of the block it forms in the fridge), add some frozen berries and peanut butter and flax, microwave, stir in some honey, and enjoy!
With all of this clean eating, I'm continuing to lose weight (thank God!) and am getting closer to my normal size with each passing day. Spence's clothes are also fitting more loosely these days, although he doesn't really have much to get rid of!
In other news, my dad and his partner got their second simulator installed today at Destinations EFC! So exciting!
I can't wait to see it. His birthday is tomorrow, which is also the day that (hopefully) we find out of I'm going to be an Auntie to a niece or a nephew. So exciting!! Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you!
February is going to have a really great ending, too, with us on an airplane heading for sunshine! We'll soon be on our way to Vegas to meet up with Spence's dad and his wife Rose, and we have quite the itinerary to look forward to! (Stop looking at the "to" at the end of that sentence, Mom. ;) I'll have to write about the trip once we get back. Then we're stopping in Phoenix to see Spence's grandparents (on his mom's side). It's going to be great to see everyone and just get some time to relax and play!
All in all, February was a great month. This year has been so fantastic so far that sometimes it literally makes me cry. I feel so blessed and happy and optimistic! I am about ready for spring to come along here, though. We're in the middle of a blizzard at the moment and haven't seen much sunshine since October. When the snow melts and the first buds peek out, we'll definitely be ready.
Love to everyone!
*M








No comments:
Post a Comment