Since the last time I wrote, a few things have happened. Right before the match, I took a not-long-enough trip to OK to see the fam. It was much-needed! While I was gone, Spence's dad came to hang out for a week or so. We were happy to have him!
We were so excited for the match and (obviously) happy with the results. At the end of May, I turned 28. As June came along, we had a wonderful time watching our Thunder make it to the Finals! At the end of June, Spence was honored and sent to the AOA Resident Leadership Forum in Washington D.C. I was so proud! It would have been even BETTER if I could have gotten away and tagged along! Oh, well. Such is life!
In July Spence was able to travel out to Wyoming and see his cousin and his cousin's girlfriend get hitched! He had a fantastic time! I was glad he was able to see his family and even Jen on that trip as well. Wish I could've gone! Later on in July we took a three day trip to Boston for my interview at Massachusetts General Hospital and to look around. My long-time super-awesome friend Sarah was living there for the summer, so we got to see her, too! It was so exciting to explore the city in which we're GOING to live! I found out later that week that I got the job! Yay!
Early August we took a one-day trip to see everything we hadn't seen in Buffalo yet. Of course, I don't like to go there any more than I have to because of being forced to travel there for school, etc., but we had a really fun day. I found out that I was going to be assigned to a hospital in Rochester for the rest of my clinical time in school, so that was some extremely exciting news! I only have to drive to Buffalo for classes on Mondays from now on. By the beginning of December, I'll pretty much be done. After that, I'll spend the rest of December studying for boards. I'll take them in January and then start working. Then I will be FREEEEE!!!! =)
Before all the summer fun came to an end, my dad came to visit us and help us with some house projects. Thank God for him! We got SO much just schtuff done. I actually like walking out into the backyard now! Spence and I were also able to take a quick trip to Canada. We visited Montreal and Québec City. We fell completely in love with Québec City! We definitely want to visit again and again.
[For the sake of time, I didn't add any pics to this blog. I would have loved to, especially of our home improvements! If I am able to find some time, hopefully I can put up at least a few. But this is the time when I kind of crawl into my hole for a few months to study and prepare for graduation. This might be the last blog until 2013!]
So now we're back to the grind. This is our last push. We can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! Thank you for all of the love and support you give us!
Meg (and the boys!)
1 comment:
So grateful for some Stanbury QT in July. Love you guys! Now come see me in NC, please :)
SMM
Post a Comment