Saturday, June 27, 2009

A new year! In June!

So yesterday was Spence's last day as an intern and his first day having an intern! Woohoo! He had a great day and got to operate a lot, which I know really gives him hope for the future. Sometimes as residents there is so much "scut" work to be done that it's easy to forget in what program you were matched!
Photobucket


This is a big year for him. He's going to be "THE Man" in the pit. It's a daunting assignment. I know though, if anyone can do it and do it well, he can.
Photobucket
[very often what an ER trauma room/bay looks like - he'd be in there somewhere if something is broken or suspected, especially the spine]

Earlier this week, my lovely mother arrived - AND Spence's sister came as well! We had several late nights and laughs. Jen left today. Come back already!

My mom and I have been having lots of relaxing fun. She's reading the Twilight series and attempting to get me hooked. I've barely started the first book, but I think it's gonna be good!
Photobucket


It's a good thing she came, because I was about to go nuts! I've been away from work for several weeks now so that I can completely recover from a quad tear - sever, basically. Not fun. I'm amazed how easy it is to take the smallest movements for granted. I am recovering quickly - and I am thankful for that. And although I am thankful it's going well, it still doesn't feel fast enough! Hopefully this week I'll get the word that I can go back! I've got things to do!
Photobucket


Well, just wanted to write a little update. Need to hear from my Mitschke-head. She's been AWOL for awhile now. ;-) JK! But seriously! =D The summer here has been wonderful so far. I just had to turn the AC on full-time this week! And even then, it's not bad. And we get sooooo many hours of sunlight! It's great!

Throughought the summer they do a night light show at the falls and then set off fireworks. We have yet to go! Definitely on the checklist!
Photobucket


Hugs to my peeps!

P.S. RIP Ed Mcmahon, Farrah Fawcett, and MJJ.
Photobucket

No comments: